28 Apr 2013

April 2013 Weekly Training Split... Meso 02

Mesocycle 02
Weekly Training Split
Rehab focused...



Surgery took a long time to recover from & still to this day my Op side is still a little more tender to lay on (Hard flooring at this point) the non-op side. This is partly due to surgery being performed 10 months after the break inflicted/collusion & also pro-longed mis/dis-use (Crutch usage the whole time) fighting the TAC with Lawyers for the approval of surgical intervention. Not to mention the earlier St Vincents Hospital/Treater's/Medicos not listening to me & Misdiagnosing my injuries.


I not only have to train what I can train to pre collusion (aesthetic) standard, but I also have to train/rehabilitate light load through all of major/minor muscle groups until normal function/range resides. I'm unable to engage fully in life with physical restrictions so Rehabilitation is my other full-time job. Once rehabed/fully recovered what can be, I'll be able to apply a normal training split, freeing up 4 hours out of my daily split (Currently 7 hours daily split). There's major impact & rationale for modifications in training, which includes daily light alignment/uni-lateral delivery. I have days when the pressing need for recuperation or neck issues pressure me to sleep in without choice or skip a day & I do listen then. 


If you yourself are injured, rehabing/recovering just know you can do it. Just remember the operative word is YOU! If you want a life eventually again or to live. Its frustrating & tiring at times, especially when the duration of such is sooooooooooooo long term (Myself I'm at month 13 since the collusion recovering rehab beyond my control - the insurance company didn't fix my fractured hip until 10 months post collusion) Before the collusion I was training at an elite level round 3 to 4 hours daily with 4am starts. 


Yes, it sucks, it isn't fair, especially when you did nothing wrong in the first place, like myself - but your not dead so you've gotta do it & practice resilience inner strength. Ignore those who negatively try to take from you & give as much to yourself as you can to be who you were/need to be in this world. I can guarantee when your cup is so already full of crap like law suites/lawyers/medicals etc. that ignorant people will push you further of the edge & that you will throw the towel at times. But, guess what? The work your going to have to do is going to be the rent you pay for the life you get back. Just or Not.


PS: I quick shout out to all that have been kind & supportive through this difficult & tiring journey I'm on. You make my efforts feel not for naught even when my head hurts too much at times to express my gratitude.


Which means allot of work for me daily, approved by my surgeon & physio that I work closely with. Yes, a full time job in itself. I'm so thankful they trust in my ability & knowledge to condition/rehabilitate myself, whilst they take care of the hands on. I can train others still as long as I don't demonstrate things like squats, but can still correct with my knowledge base & experience. But that being said the clients I train right now have been long term in which I don't have to instruct from scratch. Any who's my current split looks like...


Split A - Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays...

  1. Abs Upper focus
  2. Abs Lower focus
  3. Serratus/Tie ins
  4. Posterior Delt focus
  5. Traps
  6. Lats
  7. Bis
  8. Calves/Shins
  9. Posterior Core Group Spinae/QL focus
  10. Gluteals
  11. Hamstrings
  12. Quadriceps
Split B - Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturdays...
  1. Abs Upper focus
  2. Abs Lower focus
  3. Abs Obliques focus
  4. Rotator Cuff Group
  5. Delts Medial portion focus
  6. Delts Anterior portion focus
  7. Tris
  8. Chest
  9. Posterior Core Group Spinae/QL focus
  10. Gluteals
  11. Hamstrings
  12. Quadriceps
Other Daily Rehab/Training...
  • Upright Indoor Cycling (Modified for Rehab/Progressing range)
  • Ballet Prep (Modified for Rehab/Progressing range)
  • Ballet Centre (Minus all Plies until can achieve Neutral Pelvis in Pronated Donkey Kicks)
  • Ballet Core Range Strength (Modified for Rehab/Progressing range)
  • Yoga Cobras, Triangles, Warriors, Wraps (Extreme Asanas avoided & application is modified to Sporting Exercise application with no Asana flow/Yoga practice)
  • Pilates alignment (Matt work only - Modified for Rehab/Progressing range)
Other Related Blog Entry's...

Coming



Coming



Coming



Coming