27 Jul 2013

27th July 13 Quick update on Physical Rehabilitation/Progress... Setback/Hospital emergency, More investigating, Fuerza developments & Progress, Ethical Business Shout out




.. Meanwhile the furball is practising her favourite Asana :)
Morning all :DD Its Saturday & I've just had my awesome steak for Breaky with Flamenco drifting through the apartment, getting set to have my first day back in the physical rehabilitation centre/gym after being forced to rest & heavily medicate. 

As most of you know one of the injuries I sustained from the Vehicle attack last year was 'Chronic Whiplash' C1/C2. Treating this has made an overall negative impact of the recovery of my anterior lateral aspect of hip post surgery & medial lateral aspect of knee to name 2 of the most prevalent.

The most important thing for me in regards to the Whiplash is for neck & forehead muscle to relax & not hold tension. Its been 16 months since I felt no tension, tenderness or tightness in my forehead/eye-socket musculature generating from the neck C1/C2. I'm celebrating the day my neck/face feels normal again LOLO :p


Now, our approach on treatment has been progressive & including bi-weekly Mayotherapy with the physiotherapist. Now last week he went into my back & went a little further into my back early last week which caused so much soreness the next day I couldn't hold my neck up with my back muscles (Still achy but not as much, now)

... Then after a few days the ache travelled up to my already tight neck then locked. As result I it ravelled to my already tight face & locked my right eye shut in spasms. I was admitted into the emergency ward of the St Vincent Hospital at 11pm Monday night. 

I was later released at 930am Tuesday with a 'Must have supply of pain killers, anti inflammatory s & high dose of valume' to relieve some of the tension as an interim until I reached the care of a Neurologist for further relative investigation & treatment. I was advised to let my neck/back rest from mayo physio treatment until I saw a Neurologist.

It's taken a few days for these things to have some effect but I still have to rest my neck against the wall when I sit or Lay down in the passenger seat of a car when I travel. Today I'm heading back to the centre/gym to pick where I left off but very lightly with focus on just my hip & knee.

At this point the soonest I can get into see a Neurologist is the 19th of September. It's a bit of a kick in the guts but I'm rolling with the punches at this point. I see my physio on Monday again & I cant wait, we will just focus on hip & knee until we get the Neurologist input/treatment. Considering what's happened & the multitude of injuries/severity, I feel we've done well & I really couldn't of made it thus far in so many ways without him.

So there's my mixed bag update, but at least it doesn't hurt to smile today  & managed to realigned my focus yet again. Starting to feel like Rocky Balboa, who keeps gettin up after being minced, becoming a bad habit :p

Some good news...


... Reminds me of some peoples attitude to health :D :P
... I would like to send a big shout out to Knight Frank for Having a second Fuerza class in the week for the fitness & healthcare of their staff. When a company makes an invested interest in the fitness & health of their staff it is a action to be acknowledged, marking the company, not just making profit but doing so ethically. Ethical entrepreneur-ism is something I'm passionate about & am over joyed whenever I see it practice :) 

Other news on my company's front is that the 'Fuerza International' Website is finally being upgrade over this weekend/coming week. Also, the Fuerza & my Linkedin account is also getting completed (I've only just managed to fill in some of the 20 years of my educational background thus far :p) I will post details when finally completed.

On leaving you all for a happy & productive Saturday/weekend, if there's one thing I can advise as a coach to anyone taking step to improve their well-being/health through training & nutrition, is... "Please don't count your repetitions or calories, make each repetition & calorie Count" by NRC :D xXx

Coming



Coming



Coming



Coming