19 May 2013

How much Fruit n Veg consumed in a week??

... In the next 3 blogs I will 
1) Give an example of the adequate veg intake & safe range of fruit/types that I have (safe for the waistline :) (ideas of use included with related blog post links are at the bottom) 
2) Show my pantry additions for taste n good health... 
3) Show some healthy supermarket snacks to have on occasion...
Also, At the end of this blog, there will be a my weekly fresh produce shopping list for this time of winter... Now, lets bring on the colour...
My veg n fruit for the week (minus the potatoes stored away & large cabbage in the fridge :)

..Beetroot, leaves & stems are even juiced, I typically go through a small 1 daily (juiced or RAW)

... A lemon a day (I even eat the zest made with a pane - awesome in bakes)

... A small apple a day (in veg juices)

... My favourite ingredient... GINGER! :O) I eat 1-2 inches daily, a great digestive

... Bunch of curly leaf parsley, fresh breath anyone?

... Bunch of flat leaf parsley, love to canopy the pizza base with it...

... Red capsicum for my pizzas

... Green capsicum for pizza's

... I enjoy the smaller sweeter variety (Less seeds!)

... Celery bunch (leaves n all. I actually go through 3 heads of celery :p)

... The celery leaves are so nutrient rich...

... Orange Carrots (2 to 3kg)

... Juicy Cucumbers ripe from my grocer, 1 a for me

... English spinach leaves bunch

... Bag of Snap frozen blueberries in the freeze next to my overnight oats in the fridge...

... Earlier in the morn some quick picks lay on the table

... Mushrooms in the bag

... Baby spinach leaves.... sigh, perfect salad & pizza toppers

... & Tim the kindly neighbour had left fresh Bay leaves on my door :)

... Some to dry

... Some to bake

... Oh must not forget today's supervisor...

... Ms Shalimar Fox XxX





My veg fruit shopping list for the week;
  • 3kg carrots
  • 7 small beetroots
  • 3 heads of celery
  • 7 large potatoes
  • 2 x 7 inch ginger roots
  • 2 bunches parsley
  • 1 bunch English spinach
  • 7 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 7 cucumbers
  • 1 red capsicum
  • 1 green capsicum
  • 2 corns
  • 2 cups mushrooms
  • 7 lemons
  • 7 small apples
  • 1/2 kg blueberries snapped frozen